Hello! It’s been a while. I’ve missed my little blog. Even in the midst of an insanely busy season, I wanted to be sure to capture some inspirations here for one of my most favorite times of year – gifting season!
I hear it incredibly often, that designers are quirky beings and we’re terribly hard to shop for. But here’s a little guide that makes it easy – we’re actually lots of fun to gift! Here are some ideas that I’d love to give my designer pals . . .
1. We’re geeks about our pens, pencils, & office supplies. This Desk Organizer (from this amazing Etsy shop) fits our good lookin’ – yet functional bill.
2. Every designer needs this Instant Party Snow Globe for the deskscape. Trust me on this one. »
3. We also love simplicity, especially when it mixes texture & composition in a stunning way. These Clic Wooden iPhone Cases come in many colors, & will rock a designer’s world »
4. These scissors are so dang cool, it looks like they’ve come from another planet. Believe me when I say, “Yes, we really would get crazy excited about a pair of marvelous scissors.” Great stocking stuffer for designers »
5. There’s something wildly ironic about this reverse wall calendar. The leading is too tight, and the margins are all outta’ whack – but it’s sooooooo gooood. This is probably a graphic moment that only design-minded people and typography dorks would appreciate. It’s a winner »
6. These Pattern Postcards are a wonderful source of inspiration for whimsical designers. We’ll probably pin a few of our faves on our studio mood board, changing them out with the seasons. Plus – we can send you a little hello from all the places we travel to while exploring for our exotic projects »
7. Mousepad you say? Get this – our smart mice lasers don’t dance well on our polished lacquer or glass desks. Go figure! So yep, we may need a mousepad from time to time, & this one is one of the best looking ones I’ve found »
< Noticing the trend of good looks here? >
8. We LOVE HELVETICA. Sorry, there’s no explaining it. We’d just love anything graced with its name & perfect letter forms – so this type study tote is a big score »
9. Another thing all designers love is plants. Sometimes when we’re “in the zone” on a deep project, it’s nice to know there’s something alive (whilst being very zen), to keep us company. For everyone’s safety, it’s great to surround ourselves with plants we can’t kill, in a beautifully designed planter – so this succulent planter trio is right on the money »
10. Designers drink coffee. Lots. & lots. Of coffee. This set of Pantone mugs is exciting to me, in that it combines our love of the Pantone color system, & carries the sweet media that fuels us »
11. We have a love for our Mac that is not to be rivaled. And the designer who loves bold & bright graphics, will swoon over this Mac Keyboard Cover from Kate Spade Saturday »
12. I need not say more, you could choose anything from the House Industries store & you’ll get an enormous thank you. Plus, we’re bound to cherish it forevah’. We LOVE these type geniuses. »
13. No designer should ever write or sketch with an ordinary pencil. These Blackwing pencils are PHENOMENAL & look so damn slick, too »