Y’all! I’ve been wanting to post my current wine collection since the beginning of this little blog – & it’s finally here! This was a super quick shot & design, so I hope to get much better at these, but nonetheless, here’s my arsenal of cheap wine (all under $13) I’ll be enjoying for the rest of January :
1. I’ve loved the Stark Raving Red, so I figured, heck – let’s give the white blend a chance. Once thumbs’d up by one of my fave stockists at Hazel’s, I was confirmed to fancy this Stark Raving White »
2. Snowqualmie’s orange label caught my eye as a back up wine to O’lillo for our Auburn watch party. A pretty superficial reason to choose a bottle, but we had to represent AU with an orange & blue spread! Hopefully I haven’t judged by its cover & I’ll fall in love with this Columbia Valley Syrah? »
3. When I asked for the most delightful red blend, my guide led me to this bottled masterpiece. Evidently, this region is the genius of red blends, & as you start with the general region, you can then decide if you’d like to take a taste visit to each interior village, bringing new subtle flavors. I’m soooo psyched to start my journey with this Kermit Lynch Côtes du Rhône »
4. This was brought to me as a hostess gift, & since I’m on a mission to drink more white wine, I feel it’s gonna have some good energies. Check out the Kendall Jackson Vinter’s Reserve Chardonnay »
5. I LOVE the story a stockist gave me about this bottle. “I brought this bottle home for Thanksgiving to a family that didn’t care for wine. A few glasses later, this bottle is single-handedly the reason my parents are now wine fiends.” Then he explained that the gold wire was an old tradition to prohibit piracy waaaaay back in the olden days, & I was totally intrigued. Not only did it have a sentimental story, it also has a pretty cool design element that reinforces its history. Yep, this Francis Cappola Diamond Claret came home on my bus »
6. Another stockist from this trip recommended this Cabernet/Syrah blend as one of his most loved reds under $12. That’s all I needed to know about this Charles & Charles Cab/Syrah blend »
If they ace the cheap & fabulous wine test, more notes on these bottles to come!